Monday, April 7, 2008

Is there a plural of Viruses??

Perhaps ...Viri?

Do not open any of my virus comments, I had been deleting them, but I decided not to, thinking nobody would open them, and them my parents opened them. Then I was thinking, at least they comment - I just may leave them!

A quick update, it is about all I have time for....actually that's such a lie, I waste time all day, I just don't make time to blog. My goal after listening to General Conf. is to waste less time with my "Mind Numbing" activities, I would be such a better mom, wife, house keeper if I would dedicate myself to laundry and house work as I do to TV and the Internet. Somethings just hit closer to home I guess.

Ava had her 6 month appt and shots Friday - she is 26 1/4 inches long and 16.12 pounds. I just think this is GIANT because Brooklyn was only 24 inches tall and 19 pounds on her first birthday. But the percentiles say she is right in the middle of both.

Brooklyn just finished with basketball season, not winning 1 game. I have hope though because I made a deal with our eye Dr. to draft her on his team next year because they stomped us hardcore, he likes to win and he feels guilty for calling my by Don's first wife's name through our appt. I was letting it slide - but Brooklyn looked like her head was going to explode every time he said it, so when I corrected him he felt like crap, I told him it was OK he could call me whatever he wanted to as long as he drafts Brooklyn next year. We shook on it - we will see if he's a man of his word next November. She didn't even have a week off, we started football practice last week, she is going to play flag football this season. We have practice twice a week. She and her best friend Aria are on the same team and are the only two girls. I think that they play really well, actually I talked to the coach after the game - I am the team Mom and Don is the Monday practice assistant coach (he can't be there on Wednesdays) and the coach said that Brooklyn plays really well for the age, I kinda feel like he wanted to say, for a girl but left it out! HAHA and Aria is one of the better quarterbacks on the team, bet they weren't expecting that from our girls! I will have football pictures up on the blog soon, I haven't had my camera at practice yet.

Don is still working!! Yeah!! With all of the State budget cuts going on we hold our breath and pray and pray and pray that they Gov. doesn't do layoffs. He has 18 years in with the State so his seniority should keep him safe, but you really just never never know. He isn't getting any more overtime for the time being so that is good and bad. Good because he is home on his days off, bad because we are tight! Other then that he has only 1 more year of school and then he will be eligible for a promotion and pay raise so that is good!!

I am still not up to much. I had bronchitis for like 3 weeks? It's bad when your best friend calls you and you answer and then she asks to talk to you, because you don't sound like you! My training has been taking a hit while I have been sick. I have an inhaler and that seems to help when I can't catch my breath. I may have to transfer my donations to another race, as money at this time is super duper tight and I am not sure we will be able to afford the weekend in SF, we have to be there every other month already, and we are just doing back and forth day trips so we don't have to rent rooms, so I might have to do a race later on in the season so I can save up longer??

Ava is the crankiest baby ever!! It is nearly impossible for me to get a picture of her smiling. She is always so serious. She just stares you down, like, "Ok, is that good for you?? Keep trying." Her hemangioma seems to be going down nicely. We have an appt in SF next Monday to see if we can begin weaning her off of the roids. If it flares back up and grows again then we will kick her dose back up. If it doesn't then we will continue the weaning until she is off by October. You know we have so much to be thankful for. Her every other month appts in Reno are at a Pediatric Oncologist and it just breaks your heart to see what these little kids and babies have to go through. Most of the time these little kids who are there for their chemo are smiling and happy with the BEST attitudes! I admire that, but every time that we are there it is just a reminder that while this sucks for us, it sucks a lot worse for them, they would trade us for a hyper active birthmark any day.

Easter was nice. Quiet - and lonely. I miss having family stuff to do. I know my Dad's family is too big now, but until I moved up here I knew that every Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas-Eve I had plans. We would get together at one of my Aunt's houses for a potluck. Maybe an egg hunt or something. It was just the 4 of us and Bill this Easter. I still cook like I have an army to feed - it is Easter you know. Don wanted to go to Vegas at the last minute but with the price of gas and I didn't want to leave Bill all alone - at least we have each other you know??
Anyway Brooklyn found her Easter dress on Ebay, she fell in love with it when she came across it, I told her she could bid on it and then I lied to her and told her it was pretty. It looks like Madonna's "Like a Virgin" dress meets Quince' dress (15 yr old Hispanic party). But it was only 5 bucks - and it will be a good story for her later!

We had family last weekend come up for Turlock. Don's Grandma turned 79 in March and has Lung Cancer so they wanted to get everyone together. We had such a good time at Uncle Jim's house and visiting with all of Don's Aunts and Uncles and Cousins. I followed Ricky's baby Naliea around with a camera trying to get her picture by the Koi pond...or any where smiling or looking at me and she is just as camera defiant as Ava is! All of Don's family loves her! She is so stinking cute.
Afterwards Don's sister, Shannon and her family, brother Jeff and his family, Ricky and his family, Lori and Ryan and us went to Boomtown(like a small Circus Circus) for some running off of kid and grown up energy. Then to Cabella's (like Basspro) then back to Boomtown for dinner. I had such a good time. I know Don did too, he really misses hanging out with his kids. He just is so busy and I take up so much of his time when he is home, I need to allow him to block time out so he can do stuff he wants to do. Lori is pregnant and she and Ryan just glow! I don't know if I have ever seen a happier pregnant couple. Don is so proud of her and I think that that baby will have the most beautiful skin color! So Don will be a grandpa again in October.

No comments: