Friday, March 14, 2008

So....I am thinkin

I have this crazy idea.

I have been mulling it over for a week or so. Ran it passed Don a few times, he is almost against the idea.

I want to organize a fund raiser for my cancer walk in July - I would like to get a the local paper there to document the event and have a hair salon on board.

I am thinking of shaving my head...bald. My hair grows back quickly. People who are getting chemo don't have that luxury, ya know. In a year I estimate that my hair will have grown about 6 inches.

Aren't we all just one bad hair cut away from being bald anyway? And I would get to do all the cute super short styles that I have never had the balls to try out.

The cons would be that no one cares about it and doesn't donate to my marathon - that would suck. But if I can get the paper there it would attract an audience that I would never have been able to reach.....

Please to all the blog stalkers in the world I need your advice.

6 comments:

Me said...

DONT DO IT! Fundraise yes, shave head NO!!!

Mom said...

I totally agree with Holly! I suspect you'll be able to raise just as much and be just as supportive with a full head of hair. Hair is always better than bald (voice of experience).

Mom said...

If I get a vote, I'm voting for hair. You can still cut your hair short.

Erica said...

THANKS FAM!!

You guys are always a voice of reason!

Me said...

i love that mom and dad have their names on their comments now instead of anonymous. cool!

Be Individual said...

Don't shave your head!!!! Being bald sucks.... Ask me I know!!! Waiting for my hair to grow in again, doesn't grow as fast as you think... I do appreciate the thought!