Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Have I mentioned...

That I hate Don's job!?? I am extremely grateful that he has a job that he is able to earn enough money that I don't need to work. I still hate his job, for those of you who don't Don has to work over nights, for example he will go to work Tuesday morning and get off work at 8:00pm Wednesday night. Then factor in the drive home and he is usually home by 8:30.
I used to not mind when he would work for days at a time, it would give me time to hang with Brooklyn or catch up with all of my friends. That was before Ava, this child is soo needy. Ava cries a lot and doesn't sleep or nap really except for 20 min. cat naps (side effect from prednisone~insomnia) and when she isn't fussing she is being held ~ and sometimes even when she is being held she still fusses. It makes for a very difficult day when you are awake most of the night and then again the next day...oh yeah and your husband still isn't coming home because he is working overtime. He has shifts when he is literally gone from the house for 4 days straight. And we are coming up on another one of those types of weeks.
The OT is nice to have, but so is my sanity. Is my sanity the price we pay for a little bit more in the pocket?
I have been considering putting her in a day care a few hours a week so that I can at least go to the gym (they won't take her until she is 6 months) or just have a quiet house, be able to use both hands. I know many of you women have had worse needy babies, and I am a probably a whiner. I just have no coping skills I guess.

4 comments:

kristin said...

Well I wish I lived close by. I would come steal that cute little thing to give you a little break.
It was real good to see you guys the other day. Sure miss ya.

Mom said...

Don"t talk about that sweet baby that way. She is so Sweet and
cute.
I wish i was there or you were here , so i could help. hugs & kisses to all

Erica said...

Me too Mom!

TheOneTrueSue said...

Erica, that is SO hard. I can't handle it when my husband is gone, and if he'd left when Emma was a baby, I would have gone stark, raving mad. No WONDER you are depressed. You must be so overwhelmed!