Friday, January 25, 2008

169 DAYS!!

I HAVE COMMITTED TO WALK A MARATHON AND A HALF IN 169 DAYS!!

It is for an excellent cause, I am walking the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. It will be in San Fransisco July 12 and 13th.

My BFF Stacie suggested that we do it together both reluctant about the fundraising aspect of it. I am nervous that I won't meet the goal. But I needed a good reason to start excercising....one would think that the fact that I give the Stay Puff Marshmellow Man a run for his money would be reason enough...not so!

And as most of you know my other BFF, Linda Patterson, has been batteling this disease now for too long and I just lost my neighbor Sandy Beyer to Breast Cancer. I feel like I need to do something to show my support for them. My walk will be dedicated to both of them.

I will post updates on training and fundraising periodically. So stay tuned!!

To make a tax deductable donation to my walk please follow the link below.

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2008/SanFrancisco?px=3858678&pg=personal&fr_id=1480

1 comment:

Me said...

GO ERICA!! This is a great thing you are doing.
I'm trying to get my butt in gear for a 5K & it's kicking my butt, so you are da bomb!!
I'll forward your email out