Friday, February 29, 2008

Recipes you will thank me for later!!

I want to post 2 of my favorite recipes - you will thank me for them later!

WEIGHT WATCHER TORTILLA SOUP - Crock Pot
-This recipe was given to me by an old friend
In a crock pot add 4 chicken breasts (I use frozen)
Add enough water just to cover them.
cook the chicken breasts until they can be shredded, once shredded add the following
1 28oz can diced tomatoes
3 cans black beans - drained and rinsed
1 bag frozen corn
2 envelopes taco seasoning
1 16 oz jar salsa.
Cook until hot.
top with Low Fat Cheese &/or Sour Cream
and a few tortilla chips.
Yummy!!
This is easy! And makes plenty to be frozen for later
Classic Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
You will need:
2-4 Chicken breasts - cubed
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup cooking sherry
1-2 cans sliced mushrooms drained
1 box tri colored rotini
1/2 cup fresh parm. cheese
Boil Rotini
In a large frying pan saute butter and chicken, season chicken
w/ garlic salt and pepper to taste.
Add mushrooms to fry pan when chicken is cooked through.
Next add sherry and cream, stir and simmer
Boil sauce until it has thickened.
*alcohol has cooked off when sauce sticks together in pan.
Toss sauce and parm. cheese into cooked noodles.
Top with shredded parm, if desired.
Happy cooking!!

2 comments:

Me said...

holy crap, what is with the spammers on here now!?!?!?!

Thanks for the recipes, I am going to try them and I'm sure they'll be tasty. You don't eat anything gross!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

Hi Erika,
It was so good to see you and your family! I am sorry it was under such sad circumstances. I feel so bad I haven't been blogging as you can tell. Kasci has been giving me a hard time because I haven't updated since October. I can't get my husband to do it this time!Ha! Here is the recipe I promised you - not quite as healthy as yours...Yours sound yummy!
Pumpkin Muffins/Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup oil
2 cups canned pumpkin
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-21 minutes for mini muffins, if making
a cake bake for 35-40 min. in a 9x13 pan. Enjoy!