Monday, November 19, 2007

Colic, Hemangioma and Pink Eye!

What's new with me you ask?

Colic, a rapidly growing hemangioma, and Pink Eye! Sweet! Don't you wish you were here?
Ava is colicy. At least that is what I think it is, she has been crying and fussing for no good reason. Stresses me out. It is usually at it's worst when Don is working his over night shifts. Not that I clean a whole bunch anyway, but I literally can't put her down sometimes. Driving and baths that is what we do when I want some piece and quiet. She actually doesn't sleep through any of it though. Just gets quiet. And that is all I need, as we speak she is laying on the ground crying. We had an ultrasound on her abdomen this morning to check to see if there are any other rapidly growing hemangioma forming on the inside of her body. We don't know anything yet about that and may not before the weekend. We weren't supposed to feed her for 6 hours! When I protested that they said at least 3, that was ok, she wasn't so grouchy.


Last week Brooklyn had been complaining about being sick. I have been giving her Tylenol Cold medicine. Saturday morning she woke up her eye was swollen, goopy, sealed shut by goop and red as can be. A $50.00 visit to quick care (we like to get sick on nights and weekends!!) she has pink eye. We missed church and the primary program yesterday, she missed school today as the lady in the office told me to keep her home and if she goes to school she will be sent home. She isn't supposed to be contagious anymore. Maybe tomorrow? She carries around Clorox wipes with her to wipe down everything she touches to try and make sure that we don't pass it on to any of the Family, who by the way will be here in just 2 more days!!

No comments: